Old November 19th 04, 03:56 PM
Ron Natalie

OtisWinslow wrote:
Well .. why does it say on the DUATS FAQ that it is. They lying? They're
paid
by the FAA. I would contend that having a DUATS briefing would sure go
a long way to saving your hide, but the FAA can do anything they want with
you if you bust a reg. My choice is to have the briefing on my side.

It will go NOWHERE TO SAVE YOUR HIDE if you violate one of the TSA-based
restrictions. DUAT can claim what ever they want...the truth of the matter
is you're going to be grounded if you violate these restrictions regardless
of what FSS, DUAT, or ATC tells you.

Welcome to the post-911 airspace system.