Old July 20th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
BobR

Default FAA final rule: Aircraft registrations now good for only 3 years

On Jul 20, 3:42*pm, george wrote:
On Jul 21, 7:20*am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

The $5 is the current initiation fee. *According to the AOPA the authorization bill currently working its' way through congress allows the FAA to charge as much as $130 for initial registration and $45 for renewals. *We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

At one stage we had 'Lifetime' car driving licenses.
However that soon changed and the license is now only good for ten
years and costs megabucks to renew...

This is JUST THE BEGINNING and like everything else the government has
imposed on the public it starts out small and they will then find a
way to justify adding onto it every year thereafter.