Old September 28th 07, 01:33 AM posted to comp.cad.solidworks,rec.aviation.piloting
jon_banquer

Default CAD Tool For Design Tiny Aircraft

Personally, I prefer a pure geometry based modeler.

Users should have the option to use "a pure geometry based approach"
or a parametric approach in one package. Unfortunately at this point
they don't have this option. There is no reason KeyCreator shouldn't
add parametrics. Using parmetrics is often faster when creating parts
from scratch. Why Kubotek refuses to do this for KeyCreator is beyond
me.

The just announced KeyCreator V7 looks very disappointing because not
enough progress appears to have been made on direct dimension editing.
From what I can tell the only progress in this area is that faces can

now be angled when making direct dimensioning editing changes.

How robust do you feel "direct dimension" editing in KeyCreator is
now?

Where do you feel improvements need to be made?

Simple dimensional changes affecting many components may take longer, but
it's far easier to make large sweeping changes if necessary, or switch
to an alternate design approach.

Probably true but depends a lot on the skill of the user.

BTW, it appears to me that SpaceClaim is far ahead in regards to "pure
geometry" changes compared to KeyCreator. Too bad SpaceClaim insists
on a licensing scheme that will never work in machining job shops.
Same deal think3 tried. There is also no demo of SpaceClaim to try. At
least KeyCreator has a downloadable demo.

Has Bob Bean been removed yet? He's really holding KeyCreator back.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/bl...mment-76366100