Old November 15th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc
Buck Murdock

Default 737 rudder problems of the past

In article ,
"Todd Tomorrow" wrote:

I'm gonna be taking 3 flights on Continental 737s around the country
in the next week or so. I've flown on many 737s in the past, but
was just curious on what finally was done about the rudder hardover
problem.

A redesigned rudder power control unit and accessories was designed and
shipped by Boeing starting in 2002. I *believe* all of Continental's
older 737s have already been modified with the new unit, and a great
deal of their flight is newer next-generation 737's.

Most recent stuff I can find is from around 2000, when
there was going to be some 'patches' and training without re-design.

Yep, that's old information. The training was in how to deal with it
until a redesigned part is installed, which it now is.

Boeing has made over 5,000 737's, and one takes off or lands every five
seconds or so without incident. You'll be very safe on your trip.