Old February 11th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Jepps airport and VOR names ... how used?

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
Flight data processing computers could understand and process VOR to airport
and airport to VOR routes with identical identifiers. They still do, the
VORs that had their identifiers changed were typically those that were more
than about five miles from the airport.

BUF VOR is 3.8nm from BUF airport, so that fits.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I find that anthropomorphism really doesn't help me deal with hardware all