Old April 19th 04, 10:26 PM
John Bell

One feature I'm hoping for will be a means to get a relative bearing FROM

(eg) VOR rather than to it (and having to workout the reciprocal) -
sometimes where you've been is just as significant as where you're going!

Colin,

I don't think that there is any change in this. I am assuming that instead
of seeing a BEARING of say 234, you might see something like 234 (054). I
have not seen any GPS that does this.

Why do you want this? I can see some cases where it would be useful, but
the reason that I am asking is that perhaps there is another way of
accomplishing the same thing.

Also, here is a trick to find the reciprocal: Take the first digit and
increase it by two if it is 0 or decrease it by 2 if it is 2 or 3. Now just
decrease or increase the second digit the opposite direction by 2. Instead
of adding 180, you are adding 200 and then subtracting 20, which is the same
thing.

John Bell
www.cockpitgps.com