Old June 30th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Passed an Eclipse jet yesterday

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Flying opposite direction, of course.

I was flying on the Dallas side of the metroplex not too far from KADS.
The TRACON called out the traffic and the plane was so small and moving
so fast it was impossible to see until we were quite close. We passed
about 1 mile or less off each other's right wing, level with us. I wish
they would paint them with brighter colors.

Did they not have some good bright recognition light in the leading edge
of the wing?

If not, it seems like they should have, flashing, I would think.

It looked pretty much like this one:

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/compo...dir=large&id=1

I don't remember seeing even the strobes on the wings flashing, but I may
have just not noticed.