Old November 11th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

On Nov 11, 3:33 pm, Dave Doe wrote:
In article 15cf22c4-fcbb-4ddc-9c1b-
, says...

On Nov 10, 8:16 pm, Dave Doe wrote:
In article 41618695-f7c4-4394-85fd-
, says...

On Nov 10, 2:31 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Thanks Jim. I'm considering at this point just how far I want to go
with this. I have considerable resources but so far no harm has been
done other than aggravation. I have some fairly heavy police and legal
resources available overseas in both the UK and Switzerland that have
been made aware of what's happening. I've given them what data I
have.

I see the idiot has shifted to forging posts via a Chinese service, but
probably doesn't realize (or care) that he's already left trails to him
elsewhere. In fact the more service providers he uses, the easier it gets
to nail him.

As I say, nothing so far but harmless troll behavior but I'm keeping a
close eye on it to see if it expands.

Trolling literally doesn't pay so I don't understand why anyone bothers.
And why play with libel only for spite? Fundamentally irrational.

What I'll never understand is what causes an individual to form such
an utter hatred for another based on what happens on Usenet. The
forgeries and replies are so filled with vitriol and personal attack
one has to wonder about the emotional stability involved. I would LOVE
to have the opportunity to go head to head with this character and
have him/her state in public and for his peers to see, EXACTLY what it
is that has caused these cogent personal attacks. Not the expected,
"because you're an idiot" or "because you think your crap stinks
better than everybody else's" type of reply either. THAT kind of reply
says absolutely nothing but that the person posting such replies
doesn't like someone else.
No, I would want a REASON...............and EXACT REASON.
What's interesting about that is that the troll really doesn't have a
reason that would be reasonable to a general audience.
I probably yanked his chain somewhere back in the stone age and he
harbors some deep resentment.
Of course there IS always the chance that this character gets his
kicks out of trying to get someone to go off on him, hence a classic
troll rather than one of the above mentioned.
Anyway, it's a shame that someone with the smarts to go to that much
trouble to aggravate someone couldn't channel those efforts into
useful dialog with people.
As it happens, this same troll has taken on other people here as well,
so I don't really feel "special" :-))
Dudley Henriques

Well what I don't get - is why you simply don't just ignore him/her?

This is what these sort of folk *do* - and this person is suceeding in
baiting you to the extent that you have made this post (amoung others).

In short, surely if you just ignore them, bozo bin them - they'll
realise you are no fun to 'play' with - and go away.

Well that's my theory, and I'm stickin' with it!

--
Duncan.

Ignoring a troll who posts under you using their own name or a
pseudonym can be ignored. Ignoring someone who posts using your name
and identity
is quite another thing.
Dudley Henriques

Looking at the headers (I only have a few posts to go by - my reader
crapped out bigtime when I moved it to a new drive)...

you: post on a MAC, use google groups
them: post on hispeed.ch (complaints to )

I assume you've done the obvious (admittedly not likely to have much
luck on a .ch site!

Another thing that he could do is invoke the (whatever it is wherever
you are) telecommunications Act.
Its against the law to spread false/malicious material through a
Telecommunications system
And those boys can find the perp and prosecute them big time..