Old December 28th 05, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default UPDATE Electrical issues question

Our shop charges a 20% "service charge" on any part that they order.
that would make a .5 AMU alternator .6 AMU's for NOTHING. Whenever I
can I order from the Internet and have the item next day shipped right
to the shop. The shop doesn't mind, and I end up saving a ton of money
doing it that way.

Have you asked them how much the alternator will be? I'm curious if your
shop participates in the ripoff "service charge" I mentioned above? At
any rate I'm glad you were able to get your issue diagnosed.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

A Lieberman wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:40:46 -0600, A Lieberman wrote:

I realize that lots of theories may exist, and trouble shooting is a crap
shoot from afar but I am wondering, what would cause a full discharge
indication when I put my landing light on.

Update, newsflash, the whole niner yards....

Defective alternator was the final verdict. A$P ordered another one and I
should be flying tomorrow afternoon (I hope!).

Allen