Old December 28th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default UPDATE Electrical issues question

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:47:44 GMT, Jon Kraus wrote:

Have you asked them how much the alternator will be? I'm curious if your
shop participates in the ripoff "service charge" I mentioned above? At
any rate I'm glad you were able to get your issue diagnosed.

The alternator is one of those things, I won't skimp on. Fortunately, I
have an A&P who in my opinion has integrity. No surcharges for shipping,
handling or the sorts. I will pay for the part and labor. I trust his
judgment in making sure I get the most for my money, and he has yet to fail
me.

He has a small enough business where I get individualized attention, gets
me in that day or the next day, but busy enough where I am not his only
source of income :-)

Most importantly, I can tell he takes great pride in his job / business.

Allen