Old March 28th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Need help with Narco LORAN LRN 840

Jim Macklin schrieb:

That is your choice and problem, there is no free lunch.

Well, at least two other people seem to think different and have no
problem passing the informations they already have to others that are
looking for it. Thankfully there are still people that do that. Im quite
active in several other groups, and people there also just share the
informations they have. You need a pinout? Just ask, and someone who has
it probably will tell you. Honestly I'm a bit surprised about the "if
you wanna know then go and buy the information" attitude here. Where's
the problem when people that have such an unit lying around or in use or
have the manual just to pass the informations?

I simply just see no reason to sign for a membership that costs much
more than this old unit is worth (and still doesn't gurantee that I get
the informations I need), or to buy a manual for a 20yr old worthless
LORAN unit that is in unknown condition just to get the pinout of the
rear connector, especially since this is just a project for curiosity
and also since LORAN probably isn't that common navigation system any
more so there are dozens of retired units around that have no real value
any more.

YMMV, though. Maybe it's ok for you to buy i.e. a 50$ manual to repair a
20$ radio, but don't expect everyone to do the same.

Benjamin