Old June 30th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Depression after Washing

Strip the paint off and fly with polished aluminum.
You will gain about 100 pounds of useful load and be able to tell at a
glance the condition of the aircraft.
Keep it polished and you will be amazed at how much better it performs
without all the surface imperfection drag.

Of course, you will have absolutely *zero* time to fly....but, dang, it'll
sure look cool!

We almost bought a bare aluminum Ercoupe. I'm really, REALLY glad we
didn't. I waste too much time already polishing Atlas' prop and spinner.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA