Old July 3rd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Mike[_22_]

Default Depression after Washing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Larry Dighera writes:

Why?

They might total the airplane that you share. They might not maintain it
properly. They might damage it without telling anyone. There are many
possibilities.

Totaling the aircraft is a non-issue. That's what insurance is for. Damage
is a non-issue. That's what the pre-flight is for.

It requires that they be responsible adults, preferably business
people who can afford to own 1/3 of an aircraft.

Many adults aren't that responsible. Pilots get themselves killed often
enough; why would they be any more cautious for someone else's sake?

I've been in a couple of shared ownership situations and have had no
problems. The biggest concern is actually a deadbeat partner that doesn't
cover their share of the recurring fixed costs. That's why a good up-front
agreement with collection abilities is a must.

My first partnership had 7 other owners. I was putting almost half the
yearly hours on the plane. Basically I was doing the flying and others were
paying the bills. It was a beautiful arrangement.