Old July 19th 03, 09:58 PM
Adonis Amore

Hi mosquito,
come to germany. OERLINGHAUSEN is the best way to get into it again!
The thermal conditions are perfect there. The flying school is open all
over the week till october. But I don't recommend you to come till the
end of august, because of holiday (to much people).

I've done my hole pilotlicense there. Not just because of the wonderfull
area and conditions, mainly because of the possibility to learn very
quick. There are enough teachers and modern planes (5*ASK21, 3*ASK23,
4*LS4, ...)

Just take a look at:
http://www.segelflugschule-oerlingha.../fr_index.html.
The page is in german, but everyone there speaks english.
Tel. 0049 - 52 02 9 96 90

From time to time there are people from GB there, because of the
thermal conditions.

Bey, Adonis

mosquito wrote following on/ schrieb folgendes am 19.07.2003 15:42:

I learned to fly in the UK, but haven't flown for 5 years or so.
I'm (was) solo, with approx 40 hrs - mainly local thermal soaring
within gliding range of my home field.

This was all on ASK-13's. I think in the US most clubs use
glass gliders.

Anyway, I want to get current again, and I'm looking to take an
intensive refresher course to get back to solo. Could you recommend
any facilities/clubs in either Europe or the US that offer training.

I was looking for places in Arizona but they don't seem to offer
much instruction. A place in N. California at Hollister looks good
but that's a long way from the UK.

Spain or France perhaps? Comments welcome.