Old May 8th 05, 08:07 PM
nrp

So I will just continue putting the safety of my aircraft, my

passengers
and myself first, while truly regretting that I may have just
inconvenienced a neighbour by having them hear my runup.

I guess on this one we'll just agree to disagree.
But I thank you for your post and your opinion.

Every airport is given an undefined noise budget from its neighbors. A
few years ago I was on the Board managing another recreational/glider
private-open-to-the-public-grass strip airport We had a lot of Cubs
etc based there with the gliders, but we had an active jump club with a
C-206 that completely used up our noise budget with the county
commissioners when we wanted to increase the number of hangars.
Although they flew the 206 as quietly as reasonable, we only had to sit
and listen while the locals said "we don't have no problems with those
Cubs and stuff - but there's that one airplane that makes all the
noise". We were happy when they left, and we got our hangars. Hasn't
been a problem since.

Safety is not being served well when an airport closes.