Old April 6th 05, 12:05 PM

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:17:38 -0700, Toņo

On 4 Apr 2005 13:05:12 -0700, "paul kgyy" wrote:

The examiner was not authorized to do this.

Would you give a CFR reference for me on this?

Thanks,

T.

This was meant to be included in my previous post.

Note the use of the language about the adherence to the PTS being
'mandatory".

Practical Test Standard Concept
Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 61 specifies
the areas in which knowledge and skill must be demonstrated by the
applicant before the issuance of an instrument rating. The CFRs
provide the flexibility to permit the FAA to publish practical test
standards containing the AREAS OF OPERATION and specific TASKs
in which pilot competency shall be demonstrated. The FAA will revise
this PTS whenever it is determined that changes are needed in the
interest of safety. Adherence to the provisions of the regulations
and the practical test standards is mandatory for evaluation of
instrument pilot applicants