Old December 5th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

Default LightSpeed QFR CC ANR vs Bose Aviation X

I haven't tried the QFR ANR version, but have the non-ANR version for
passenger use. I was very impressed with the amount of passive noise
rejection, and this is probably contributing to your satisfaction with
the ANR version.

ANR isn't a magic bullet. I have the Lightspeed 30-3G ANR set and the
noise level drops dramatically when I turn it on, yet on longer flights
the noise still bothers. I haven't tried the Bose.

At Oshkosh I bought the Clarity Aloft non-ANR set with foam in-ear
phones. It has the opposite effect of the Lightspeed 30-3G for me:
seems louder initially, but seems to get quieter and more comfortable
as the flight progresses.

Headphones experience is extremely personal.