Old June 1st 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

Default Valve Train Geometry: Devil = Details

On May 31, 9:57 am, flybynightkarmarepair wrote:

There is one more excellent thread in ShopTalk Forums I'll find later
today.

Well, that forum is out right now, so I'll leave finding it as an
Exercise For The Reader. Here are some more good threads with
pictures from a different forum:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...lift#130498 1
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...train&start=20

If you don't understand Cam Gear Sizing, you can read about it in Tom
Wilson's book, or seach either TheSamba or ShopTalk forums for it.
You need a bunch of cam gears to get it right - good, OEM ones that
are actually marked. Vendors in TheSamba can getcha. If you're only
building one engine, sell the ones you don't use back to somebody else
via the same means.