Old August 14th 18, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Flying with Parachutes

Dan Marotta wrote on 8/14/2018 7:58 AM:
That's faulty logic and that CFIG was making a joke.

On 8/14/2018 8:50 AM, Duster wrote:
That said, equally untrue is, as another famous CFIG once said, there's a 50/50
chance of dying each time you fly (i.e., either you live or you die).

It seemed uninformed about probability at the time, it distracted from the point
he (Knauff, right?) was trying to make, and I never saw the explanation that it
was a joke until now. Lots of people missed the joke explanation, apparently,
given the number that still comment on it's inaccuracy.