Old February 26th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Stickney[_2_]

Default Navy F-35 - offline for a month

BlackBeard wrote:

On Feb 24, 8:47 pm, J wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:53 pm, hcobb wrote:

Navy fighters tend to launch very fast with partially full fuel tanks.

Slosh - Slosh - Slosh - Tip over...

Ah, now I understand. I appreciate the time and effort.

Thanks . . . J

Please ignore the answer. They normally launch full-up on the tanks.
Anything less and the tanks collect humidity and eventually water
fouls the fuel. When the jets land, one of the first things is to top
off the tanks.

In this context, Load Transfer is generally the shift in the balance of
forces (on things like landing gear, various structural members, etc.)
as the airplane is yanked along by the catapult or snagged by the arresting
wires. Although we're pretty good about modeling these things these days,
that doesn't mean that reality doesn't intrude - leading to the need to fix
up the airframe to keep it from getting bent.

--
Pete Stickney
Failure is not an option.