Old February 2nd 05, 10:44 PM
Ted Timmons

Default RV-6 Snap Rolls

Van wrote an article in which he states "RV's are not well
suited for [snap rolls] because high G forces are needed to produce a
brisk snap roll."

When I do snap rolls in my Aerobat (perhaps that's an oxymoron) I do an
accelerated stall at 75kts which is well below my Va of 105 kts so there
is no possibility of over stressing the aircraft.

If the Va for the RV-6 is 120kts and I do an accelerated stall at 80
kts, the max load on the aircraft should only be 2.7 G's. Obviously
this is well below the 6 G limit so what am I missing?