Old April 30th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Northern CA Shell selling non-ethanol autogas?

This is either an urban legend or Shell headquarters doesn't know what is
going on in the field.

It is, however, true that the Californicate law requiring ethanol sunset
last year; it is no longer mandated.

I emailed Shell headquarters (in Houston) yesterday and asked if this "no
ethanol" in its premium fuel is correct and they said no, all their fuels
contain ethanol. If anybody has hard evidence to the contrary, I'd sure
like to hear about it.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 29, 2:41 pm, M wrote:
On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.

Interesting!! If that's true, I'm going to stock up! I can't run mogas
in my Mooney but it would be nice to not have to overhaul the carbs in
my lawn mower, edger, and weed eater every spring to get the corn
syrup out.

-Robert