Old July 29th 03, 01:57 AM
Bob Noel

Default Propellor pitch ...

In article , "N3722A"
wrote:

I have a Sensenich 72CK-0-56 prop on my plane - is the "56" the pitch on
the
prop?

yes.

Also, can one have a prop "re pitched" so to speak to give more of a
climb
performance than cruise? It seems I once read (correct me if I am wrong)
that this number (56) is the pitch and if one can have a prop reworked to
lower pitch (like 52) one can get a better climb performance.

I suggest you contact Sensenich about the limits of re-pitching.
I would think that changing the prop pitch would require either
an STC or field approval (if not already covered by the original
type certificate). For example, the STC to install a 160hp engine
in my cherokee 140 also allowed either the original 58 pitch
or a 60 pitch prop.

Good luck.

--
Bob Noel