Old February 22nd 04, 05:21 PM
john smith

dave wrote:
Anybody use Electroluminescent Lighting for their instruments/cockpit?
Pro's, Con's ...
Anybody notice any RF noise or other problems from the power inverter?

I carry some in my flight bag for emergency purposes.
I have had to use it a couple of times when I couldn't get the panel
lighting brightness high enough to see the instruments.
There are several sources where you can purchase 3-foot lengths of EL
"string" at discount prices. They are available in assorted colors and
come with an inverter powered by two AA cells that will last for tens of
hours. Green is the brightest, I also have blue.
Krill lights are another handy item to have in the cockpit. They run on
a single AA and will last 40-50 hours. The light does not destroy your
night vision. Also available in assorted colors.