Old February 9th 04, 10:06 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Kirk,

Tom Knauff used to carry them, but I don't see it on
his web site now. You could always call and see if
he has one.

Tim Mara's web site still shows it there. You could
call him, too.

I haven't checked John Murray's Eastern Sailplane site
or the LS folks in Canada.

I still have my 'brand new' little PZL compass in the
box under my bed. Why under the bed? I still haven't
figured out where to put it! It would be nice if I
could mount it temporarily in different places before
I go and cut something I wish I hadn't.

And it's too cold here to go waxing anything!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 18:36 09 February 2004, Kirk Stant wrote:
I'm looking for a PZL KI-13A compass to replace mine
that has become
almost unuseable - the plastic window has clouded and
the numbers
cannot be read very easily anymore (understatement!).

Anyone out there have one sitting on a shelf gathering
dust? I know,
what do I need a compass for...well, my equipment list
says I need
one, and being an old Air Force navigator I kind of
like having it
there to remind me of how horrible it was in those
pre-GPS days!

And the little KI-13A is the only compass I can squeeze
onto my LS6
panel (I refuse to put one on top, where it hides the
towplane, and
makes reflections in the canopy).

I checked all the US and Canadian dealers - no luck.
Either they are
really popular, or really crap and aren't made anymore!
And the
manufacturer in Poland won't answer my emails to them,
despite a nice
website showing the compass in all it's glory (at
http://www.pzl.com.pl/en/produkty.html).

Anyway, can anyone help? How about it, Janusz, how
about waking up
your countymen and tell them to answer their mail?

Kirk
Off to the gliderport to wax my wings