Old June 22nd 05, 02:24 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ky2ue.18471$fa3.11776@trndny01,
George Patterson wrote:

Matt Barrow wrote:

Maybe...but sounds a bit like paranoia to me. Sounds very much like Howard
Hughes and his paranoia.

Also, a bolt coming loose on a 40 year old airplane...???

Well, the Asbury Park Press ran another story today. Basically, this guy had
made an offer on the airport, which had been accepted. He intended to keep it
open as an airport. A developer also wanted the property for a restricted age
community development.

When the plane went down, the FBI launched an investigation. One week later,
the
NTSB announced the probably cause as a bird strike. Knocking the tail off a
twin? (I have a bridge to sell you, too).

The FBI figured the NTSB knew their stuff and dropped the investigation. The
airport was sold to the developer.

Fast forward. For a variety of reasons, the developer paid several bribes to
several township officials to get zoning changes made for the property. The
FBI
has been investigating these guys over the years, and is now pressing charges
on
seven people, including the former mayor and the developer. During the
process
of this investigation, it came to light that the NTSB has absolutely no
evidence
or reason to believe that there was a bird strike. As a result, the FBI is
reopening their investigation. The NTSB refuses to comment.

Now the aircraft may not have been sabotaged, but there's pretty much no way
it
could've been a bird strike -- we don't have condors here. And anyone who
thinks
it's paranoia knows nothing about New Jersey.

The way developers covet airports, it would not surprise me one bit.
Developers are the most politically influential group in state and local
government.