Old July 26th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Default Ethanol Free Car Gas

Mike wrote:

I really don't understand your logic here. What good is it going to do you
on a "true cross country" if Joe's gas station sells ethanol free gas? I
don't think Joe is going to deliver and the FBO will probably frown on

I frequent two airports on a regular basis. At one I've got a hangar and
at the other I keep a beat up airport car with 4 gas cans in the trunk.

Also, just because Joe bought his
gas at the ethanol free terminal this week, doesn't mean he won't buy his
gas from a 10% ethanol terminal next week. It's best to buy or make your
own test kit and test a sample before you buy.

Yup, just the added hassle of auto fuel. Still worth it to me. I've been
using it since 80 octane disappeared. The price is certainly more
attractive, but my engine just runs better on it.

Just check Airnav for mogas in the area in which you're concerned. W90
seems to be the closest airport that has it.

Of the two airports I mentioned above, one has no reported mogas within 100
miles and the other one has it at an airport 90 miles beyond it. I've
been known to go out of my way for cheap gas, but that seems excessive.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"