Old May 5th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn[_3_]

Default Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

"Terry" wrote in message
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE express all
the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll feeders. Only about
10 people left!

I have been doing much the same for years, but the reduction in on-topic
activity is similar across all of the groups I read. For many reasons, the
Usenet has been steadily sickening and dying. The elimination of NNTP access
by most Internet providers is part of the reason, and the terrible spam that
Google chooses to allow via its abysmal Google Groups interface is another.
--
-
Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest,
usehttp://www.eternal-september.org/ and/or, http://news.aioe.org/ and/or
https://www.x-privat.org/index.php for free. http://www.teranews.com/ charges a
one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services. If you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free 2-day
trial account. http://www.cnntp.org/ provides vari