Old April 29th 20, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Finding German Spec Rivet replacement

As I recall, I unbolted the canopy locking handle from the canopy rail, inserted the Clovis Pin with the hole facing outboard and then bent the Carter Pin so as to make it look like a gigantic Smiley Face! Therefore, preventing pilot lacerations!
Anybody in need of translation?
JJ
PS, the handle was reinstated by holding the little nuts with needle - nose pliers and driving the screw from its other end on the seal side of the canopy rail!