Old August 25th 05, 04:31 AM

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:
80 hours is a hell of a long time. If I had to guess, I'd say you dragged it
out over too long a period, calendar wise. I flew every other day until I
was finished.

Having worked at a flight school, 80 hours is *not* uncommon or unusual;
40 hours is possible, but is *not* the norm (at least not at our school,
and it too was a Cessna Pilot Center, using their cirriculum). I don't
know what your situation was when you did your training, but most of our
customers flew twice/week except when nearing their checkrides.

Some students would take a couple of weeks off for family vacations, or
for the holidays, or for other personal priorities, and that always
requires some extra time for review when they return, but 80 hours
wasn't unusual at all.