Old April 20th 04, 12:38 PM
Stephen Harding

of Keflavik. On reducing power from wet power (full) to METO
(climb) I noticed that number 3 engine's torque was about 20
pounds high (other engines were at ~140 pounds), by the time I
looked at the fuel flows and noticed that number 3 was much lower
than the others that engine started popping and banging and the
torque started to fall off rapidly. We punched it out and
continued climbing. Seeing as how the weather was fine all over
we continued to Summerside.

You had some sort of torque meter to watch?

I wasn't aware such an instrument was used on aircraft, or
actually anything off of a dyno.

SMH