Old March 5th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
akiley

Default Reality-XP Garmin 530 GPS

On Feb 12, 6:16 pm, wan2fly99 wrote:
Has anybody used this addon for any of the planes in FS9?

Is it easy to install?

Does it replace the default GPS?

Hi, I downloaded and installed for FS9 quite a while back. It's nice
because it does all the detailed stuff, the MSFS one does't. I don't
remember having any problem. One item was that the included HSI
didn't work right. Can't remember the details, but it wasn't really
needed. You can just turn the MSFS off by hitting the little GPS
icon, then use the Reality-XP one, no problems. There are some
interesting key strokes with this GPS. Like right clicking the bottom
edge for cursor mode.

Sorry, I can't remember much more because I fried my PC, and my new
one isn't up to speed yet. Also been spending lots of time with X-
Planes because I found a good Duchess panel for it. Getting my multi
engine rating in a real Duchess, so it's a major help. ... akiley