Old October 23rd 16, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Stratux for Sale

I forgot to mention the 12V to 5V 3A converter that comes with the
setup. It has the proper mini USB connector and is simply connected to
the ship's electrical system. It does emit RF noise, however, and needs
to have ferrites installed to suppress the noise. In my ship it broke
squelch on the radio.

On 10/23/2016 9:24 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
I bought it as a toy and had fun with it. Now it's someone else's turn.

Raspberry Pi 2 in plastic case
2 ea software defined radios with antennae
USB GPS
USB Wifi
USB expander (4-port, I think. It's at the airport)

Latest firmware installed. Tested in flight using Android/Avare,
mounted to the glare shield using Dual Lok fastener, powered via USB.
Works great! Displays ADS-B and UAT traffic and weather (though, in
NM, there's not too much of that).

$75 takes it all with free shipping in the US. Per the Stratux.me
website, a prebuilt Stratux costs between $215 and $330. Purchasing
parts separately (available through Amazon.com) cost about $130. Have
the fun for about 1/2 the lowest price available then pass it on.

--
Dan, 5J