Old July 3rd 13, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Jacumba Glider Accident Sat June 29?

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:19:11 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
...And shame on the news report to show the
aircraft in such a state. Unacceptable.

Sean, free and unrestricted media (to the degree that it still exists and persists) is one of the cornerstones of representative democracy. I firmly believe that in order to avail ourselves of the good the media does, we must be prepared to accept the bad.

The broken thing depicted in the film clip is a machine. It is a product of human commerce and human labor, replicable, replaceable, and repairable. I think its "state" is a trifle, an infinitesimal concern against the tragedy of two lives cut short.

Thanks, Bob K.