Old May 13th 18, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Stowing water?

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 2:41:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I am finding the summer heat to be quite difficult to manage in the southwestern USA. At the moment I have just been shoving a water bottle in my pocket but this proves to be somewhat uncomfortable and more of a pain in the rear to remove and use which makes me not drink as much as I maybe should. I am aware things like water bladders exist but I am not to sure as to where I would be able to put it. At the moment I am flying the 1-26 exclusively and there are no pockets on the side that one could store a bladder in. Any ideas or is there really no other option than what I am doing presently.

When I fly our club 1-26 I just stuff my 3 liter CamelBak up against the seat back on my right hand side such that it is sort of wedged between my body and the sidewall and behind my right arm. It doesn't get in the way at all. I do make sure I clip the drinking tube to a strap to keep it easily accessible and prevent it from getting wedged between me and the seat and leaking everywhere.

Robert