Old May 15th 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clay[_5_]

Default Komet trailer axle dillema

You might try these guys: http://axleinc.com/axle-inc-document...order-form.pdf Is it an Al-Ko Kober axle on the Komet? They might have a bolt-in replacement if you're lucky. I bought one a while back for $450 or so with electric brakes (not for a Komet). Using electric brakes requires a 7-pin harness and an electric brake controller, which I doubt is necessary unless you're trailering something big. Wiring it up with a late model truck is easy, with a car less so. Can you replace the bearings on the one you have? Why did he think it was bad? May just need adjusting or repacking. But losing one enroute is no fun.