Old March 2nd 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default Stall Warning - AofA

Brian Whatcott wrote:
Dan wrote:

Anyway, for something a little fancier yet, a kind of lift reserve or
AofA indicator that takes two pitot tubes to a differential pressure
gage, shown he about $`125

http://www.pipcom.com/~cowcam/AOAr.htm

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK

It's a rather nice system.

What is the purpose of the zip tie around the tube? It's not tight
enough to secure anything.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I have no great insight into operating this system, but my guess is the
usual one about things on struts - they tend to oscillate in the wind -
and this might damp it out???

Brian W

I would think it would be better served to strap it securely to the
strut.

My pet peeve with some who use tie wraps is they don't cut the tail
flush with the lock. It's a safety issue since the tail can scratch or
cut ones skin. Depending on where that strut is the tail could catch an
unwary person in the eye.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired