Old March 13th 04, 01:49 PM
Jay Honeck

Good points John, and I agree wholeheartedly, but can you expect every
A&P to fully understand each and every detail? I don't care to pay
for an A&P's education, but it's almost like saying that you obtained
your 30 years in a few months.

My A&P is the best engine and airframe man I've seen.

However, when it comes to electrical, even he will admit that he's a "figure
it as you go" guy, even though he works on DC-9s most of the time.

Personally, I think the dimmer circuitry in the Cherokee is perhaps the
dumbest thing I've seen in aviation. Even I, as a total neophyte, can see
that the system is hopelessly obtuse.

Strangely, older Cherokees had a much simpler dimmer circuit. I wonder why
Piper made it so complex later on, and I wonder if they've corrected this
mess in their new planes?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA