Old August 19th 03, 02:58 AM
Chip Jones

"Gary L. Drescher" wrote in message
news:3te0b.185696$uu5.34850@sccrnsc04...
"Chip Jones" wrote in message
Given this traffic scenario, would any of you guys have followed my
suggestion to turn to a 180 heading, or was I wasting my breath?

At my level of (in)experience, I'll follow any ATC suggestion unless I

have
specific reason to do otherwise--especially in a traffic-alert situation

in
IMC. I do try to assess for myself the reasonableness of any ATC
suggestion, instruction, or clearance, and I'll balk if I have reason to.
But unless I see a specific problem with your suggestion, I'm going to
comply. (I suppose I might have thought it strange to be turned *into*

the
traffic, and might have asked you to "confrim right turn".)

The idea of rogue IMC aircraft is pretty scary. Was there any way to

track
that plane until it landed somewhere?

Well, I could have tracked him if I had wanted to, but there is no real way
of *proving* that he was breaking any rules.

Chip, ZTL