Old September 10th 04, 11:29 PM
Andrew Gideon

Roy Smith wrote:

That's only good enough if it's a "fly by" waypoint :-)

Hmm. I doubt I could have had enough altitude to "fly over". Is there such
a thing as a "fly through" waypoint?

So...why that clearance? What is expected of me?

What I did was go to the VOR (as I accelerated down the runway {8^) and
then
proceeded to ETX. But was that right?

I've gotten clearances like that before. What exactly what your
clearanance? Was it "direct Lancaster, direct East Texas", or was it
"direct Lancaster, Victor-something, East Texas"?

I'm not sure of the exact wording; sorry. I don't believe airways were
specified, though.

If the latter, they need to stick Lancaster in there because the airway
terminates at the VOR, not at the airport. It's somewhat of a moot
point, but it keeps the flight plan computers happy.

Hmm. That does make sense, I suppose. Silly programmers.

From a practical point of view, you take off, obey any DP's, then turn
direct ETX.

Good.

- Andrew