Old October 2nd 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nik

Default Center: Say type aircraft... Me: Citabria 7GCBC, Center: Ahhhhh???

Thanks guys...
-Nik
Larry Dighera wrote:
On 1 Oct 2006 21:24:27 -0700, "Nik" wrote in
om:

Then he asked me: say type aircraft, I said: Citabria 7GCBC, the
controller seemed confused for a second, and just said in reply,
allright we'll lookout for you.
Other than that the flight went on perfectly and as planned.

Is the type I am saying wrong? Should it be CH7A instead of Citabria
7GCBC?

Help me out here guys...

You seem to be aware of the information provided in the table he
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/acdesig.html . That it the Type
Designator ATC expects to receive from pilots.