Old February 11th 04, 04:45 AM
Andrew Gideon

Default Where is approach good about multiple approaches and clearances in the air?

I'm no freight dog or corporate pilot with dozens of approaches to minimums
each day. For me, as with many GA pilots I expect, maintaining *real*
currency involves explicit practice.

That's fine; I enjoy it. But I'd like to try some new places.

The issue is that I'd like to try some new places that are friendly about
multiple approaches. For example, at both ABE and STW I've almost never
had a problem terminating an approach in a T&G or low approach and heading
out immediately for another (or picking up a clearance for the next leg).
I've tried TTN, but they always insist upon my landing and picking up my
next clearance on the ground.

It took several tries at TTN before I got the message, but in it eventually
sankgrin.

So what airports are more like ABE and STW, where approach is willing to
provide a clearance in the air and permit multiple approaches? Of course,
I'm interested in the area around my "home airport" (CDW in Northern NJ),
but I expect that others are interested in the same thing elsewhere.

Thanks...
- Andrew