Old April 18th 04, 05:18 PM
Ron Lee

First off Thomas...I smoke nothing. Nor do I consume any mind altering
substances. Frankly, I cannot see your point of view. Instead of
doing something to keep pilots from making idiotic judgements, you
prefer a crutch (CAPS in this case).

I am able to make judgement calls about when to fly and not fly. I
can divert when weather dictates. If the ultimate facts in these two
events lead to pilot error as a primary factor, you need to address
that instead of relying on crutches.

If your goal is to prevent deaths, CAPS is not likely to be in a
significant number of aircraft so you have to find a way to fix the
pilot element for the non-CAPS equipped aircraft.

Fact of life though...people screw up and people die. At some point
Darwinism takes over

Ron Lee

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Ron,

know at least one person here is a fan of the CAPS. I wonder if it
is a last resort for pilot incompetence?

Yeah, the pilots should have rather died honorably than having been
offered a further option through CAPS. After all, real pilots don't
make errors, which can be clearly seen in the accident statistics.

What in the world have you been smoking?

Sorry, no offense meant, but this attitude really ticks me off. Most GA
accidents are caused by the pilots doing something obviously
incompetent. So what? The chute is just one more option out

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)