Old September 19th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
zatatime

Default ATP wants a single engine add on

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:43:08 -0500, Emily
wrote:

And for some reason he's picked me for the honor of training him.

But I'm a little confused on one thing. He claims to have a
commercial-multi, limited to centerline thrust, and an ATP multi,
unrestricted, with 737 and 757/767 type ratings. I wasn't aware that
you could have both those certificates...is that true?

And if it is, onto which certificate does the single engine airplane add
on go?

And one last question. I know I'd never, ever, train a primary student,
as long as it's been since I instructed, but this shouldn't be a huge
deal, right?

While I don't know the answer, I gave someone a BFR a couple months
ago with the same situation (except for the centerline thrust
limitation). I wasn't sure of the exact way to sign him off, so I
just left out the type of certificate he had as literally every other
instructor had done for the past 10 years.

Whatever you learn here, you may want to call the FSDO and/or examiner
who will do the check ride to make sure you satisfy them.