Old September 19th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default ATP wants a single engine add on

BTW: I would also recommend that you avoid getting into a battle of
"who's the best pilot". This can happen when you are training pilots
with lots of experience. Sometimes you just need to address it head on.
You may say something along the lines of "I know that you are a very
experienced pilot. Let's go out and review the basic items in our
syllabus. Maybe you'll learn something new, but worse case you'll get
my sign off for the checkride". Usually, if something goes terribly
wrong (like they can't land the Cessna), they'll understand something
is wrong and not put up a fight when you ask them for a few more hours
before the sign off. Most important, don't enter with the attitude of
"I know more than that guy", it doesn't help either way and you may
trigger a negative defense mechanism in him.

-Robert