Old September 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default ATP wants a single engine add on

He has an ATP MEL, the center-line thrust limitation should
have been lifted. I have an ATP SMEL and since I held an
ASES as a commercial pilot before I got the ATP, the SES is
listed on my certificate as commercial privileges.

But I think the failure to remove the limitation on his ATP
is a clerical error. He may have gotten a MEL center thrust
from a military rating or from a Cessna 337.

In any case, FAR 61, additional ratings applies, but if he
adds-on at the commercial practical test level he needs all
the endorsements and instructor sign-offs, but if he takes
the tests at the ATP level, he just does it.

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
| And for some reason he's picked me for the honor of
training him.

| But I'm a little confused on one thing. He claims to have
| commercial-multi, limited to centerline thrust, and an ATP
multi,
| unrestricted, with 737 and 757/767 type ratings. I wasn't
aware that
| you could have both those certificates...is that true?
|
| And if it is, onto which certificate does the single
engine airplane add
| on go?
|
| And one last question. I know I'd never, ever, train a
primary student,
| as long as it's been since I instructed, but this
shouldn't be a huge