Old December 4th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Crosswind landing control..

Use the rudder not the wheel... it would be very bad practice to put
pressure on the nose-wheel. Your concern is slowing the plane down to
get it to a speed where the nose wheel will be effective, for that you
need back pressure and brakes, which is why the mains need to be firmly
on the ground to give them the best grip.
Dan wrote:
All,

When touching down in a crosswind, after the mains and the nosewheel
have all touched down firmly and are rolling, would it be proper
procedure to apply slight forward pressure to get better steering from
the nosewheel? Often, noseweel steering seems ineffective, and this
seems to have helped my control on rollout.

Any cautions? I have heard about "wheelbarrowing" but is that more of
a takeoff issue than landing issue? Under what circumstances would
"wheelbarrowing" occur?

--Dan