Old December 4th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Andrew Sarangan[_1_]

Default Crosswind landing control..

There should never be any forward pressure on the yoke/stick during
landing. The yoke is always held back, never pushed forward. Perhaps
you mean reducing the back pressure. In that case, yes, it would be
proper to relax the back pressure somewhat quicker during a crosswind
landing to quickly transfer the weight from the wings to the wheels.
Howvever this technique is not really necessary except in the worst
crosswind (ie when it exceeds rudder authority).

Dan wrote:
All,

When touching down in a crosswind, after the mains and the nosewheel
have all touched down firmly and are rolling, would it be proper
procedure to apply slight forward pressure to get better steering from
the nosewheel? Often, noseweel steering seems ineffective, and this
seems to have helped my control on rollout.

Any cautions? I have heard about "wheelbarrowing" but is that more of
a takeoff issue than landing issue? Under what circumstances would
"wheelbarrowing" occur?

--Dan