Old December 4th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BT

Default Crosswind landing control..

AL, with the manual flaps, drop the flap handle to the floor..
remember.. those beeches say "do not use maximum braking with full flaps"
I've seen more than one beech skip down the runway flat spotting the tires

BT

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
"Dan" wrote in news:1165200901.919197.150950@
16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Under what circumstances would
"wheelbarrowing" occur?

Anytime the plane is rolling too fast, the potential for wheelbarrowing
can
happen whether it be landing or take off.

For me, I do the opposite in my Beechsundowner.

After landing, after all three wheels are firmly on terra firma, WHENEVER
POSSIBLE, I hold the yoke full aft until the plane slows down enough that
the stabilator has no effect on keeping the pressure off the nosewheel
(similar to a softfield landing technique).

I want the weight to remain on the mains as long as I can so I can prevent
the chance of nosewheel shimmy as well as wheelbarrowing down the runway.

Allen