Old May 17th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Worlds smallest helecopter

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/15/s....ap/index.html
Karl

Anyone have a clue as to how it controls yaw?

http://www.acecraftusa.com/specs.html

But how can it be called a helicopter if it has a fixed pitch rotor?

These things outta be called something else...

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

I'm also having a little trouble calling it a helicopter; but thanks for the
link, which provided the following answer to the frequently asked question
about yaw:

Yaw is controlled through a differential gear within the transmission.
An electric motor adjusts the positioning of a differential gear, which
changes the speed of the counter rotating blades in relation to each other
causing torque on the helicopter which results in yaw in either direction as
directed by the pilot.

Peter